Date:      Tue, 28 Apr 1998 09:24:43 +1000
From:      Jason Corney <J.Corney@dpac.tas.gov.au>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   A diamond Viper330, Fireport 40.  Both want irq10

Hi,

I am having a problem with XFree86 on my machine, it is due to the two card
mentioned sharing irq10 which in turn causes the X-server to hang in a most
spetacular fashion.  Is there a way to convice these cards to take seperate
irq's using a PnP manager under FreeBSD.  My motherboard doesn't allow
specific resources to be allocated to specific slots and the card have no
way of manually setting the resource that it grabs.

Thanks

Jase

Machine Spec
Pentium II 266
Gigabyte 686 BLX		Award Bios
Diamond Viper 330AGP - Riva128 chipset
Diamond Fireport 40
AWE32 Legacy sound card
Sony CDU76E  ide CD-ROM
1 gig ide drive
9 gig elite fast wide SCSI hard drive
BSD 2.2.6
Xfree86 3.2.2
|           mailto:jase@thepentagon.com for personal mail         |
|      or J.Corney@dpac.tas.gov.au for work mail.   Thanks        |
|                        ICQ: 11450345                            |
| Jason Corney         Department Of Premier and Cabinet Helpdesk |
| Phone Numbers    Me. 62 33 2022.        The Helpdesk 62 33 6183 |
|    For the life of me I can't remember what made think that     |
|              we were wise and we'd never compromise             |