Date:      Thu, 04 Jan 2001 13:56:14 -0700
From:      Stacy Millions <stacy@millions.ca>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Integrated memory stick reader

Peter Radcliffe wrote:

> Does anyone know if the sony stick devices show up without media in
> them ?  I don't have any media for my Z505HS, and don't really want to
> buy any if it isn't going to work :)

On my Z505S running STABLE, my MemoryStick shows up as follows:

ad2: 3MB <MEMORYSTICK 4M 8K> [247/2/16] at ata1-master PIO1

when I boot without media in it. If there is a stick in the slot,
it is detected as the correct size. After that, I just use
mount_msdos to access the data.

The only problem I have with it is I can't (or don't know how to :-)
rescan the ata bus when I insert media of a different size.

-stacy

--
Nothing spoils fun like finding out it builds character.
    - Calvin

Stacy Millions                                       stacy@millions.ca
Millions Consulting Limited