Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 12:24:21 -0600
From:      David Wilk <admin@cia-g.com>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Updating my ports tree?

Kent,

I appreciate your input here.  I am curious.  The manual chapter on ports
tree upgrading doesn't mention these INDEX files.  Is there not a way to
update those with the rest of the Ports tree?  I guess I just figured they
would automatically be updated with the tree they represent.  or, are they
maintained outside of the ports tree by portupgrade?

I'm a bit new to the FreeBSD thing, but like what I've seen so far.

Oh, also, I've upgraded to OpenSSH-3.4p1 on most of my other servers and
am wondering what the general thought of replacing the OpenSSH in the base
install with the OpenSSH in ports is?

thanks,
Dave