Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:41:00 -0700
From:      erk! <tapeworm@insekta.org>
To:        freebsd-reply@akruijff.dds.nl
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netiquette (was Re: linux compatibility in 4.7)

in the future, PLEASE trim the text you're quoting, and put your reply
above the quote.  we shouldn't have to scroll through 20 rows of text,
including the entirety of the original post, just to see your reply.
cutting out the MSN ad would've been nice, too.

i don't even use a console-only mail reader anymore, and i still find
this to be incredibly rude.

a good rule of thumb: if the text you're quoting is larger than your
reply, rethink it or don't post it.

- erk