Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 2015 11:12:27 -0200
From:      Santiago Pastorino <spastorino@gmail.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   xfce4-notifyd provides notification-daemon issues

Hi everyone,

  I was trying to figure out an issue I'm hitting.

Basically I was trying to install banshee from ports, which depends on
notify-sharp, which depends on notification-daemon but I have already
installed xfce4-notifyd and when I try to install I get an error
`notification-daemon conflicts with xfce4-notifyd`.

>From what I see xfce4-notifyd is supposed to provide
notification-daemon but when I run portmaster --check-depends says
/usr/local/libexec/notification-daemon - not found so seems like
xfce4-notifyd doesn't provide that file so the installation process does
not reuse xfce4-notifyd.

I'm not entirely sure my assumptions are correct. So my question is
should xfce4-notifyd provide that file if it provides
notification-daemon?, if not how can I fix this issue? or what else
should I do?.

Thanks in advance.