Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 2002 12:45:14 -0400
From:      "Totally Jayyness" <jayyness@mindspring.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Script to change bitrates of mp3s

Hopefully this mail will get through.  If the
groups get flooded by several similar e-mails
in the next day or two, I apologize in advance
there are several e-mails hung in my works
e-mail server for some reason :(

I was trying to figure out how to find out the
bitrates and then reduce the bitrates of my mp3s
on my freebsd 4.4-stable server.

I found MP3:Info which will display bitrate and
other information about an mp3.

I also found that I can convert mp3 -> mp3
using LAME.

So this is what I am trying to do now.  I would
like to write a script to read the bitrate of an mp3 and then if the bitrate
is higher then 192 to dump the path/filename to a text file.

When I run MP3::Info, the output looks like this.

Track = zong_-_ugly_world_-money_mix-.mp3
  BITRATE  =  160

Is there a simple shell script string that would
be something like this?

If BITRATE > 192 then add path/filename to textfile.txt

Thanks for any help.  Oh, if you do reply,
please also reply directly as I am also unable
to get signed up for the mailing lists either
for some reason. :(