Date:      Sat, 26 Aug 2000 21:14:43 GMT
From:      "Shane Hagan" <shane_64@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   I did it!

I finally got bsd to load.  I decided to buy the 4.0 power pack and install
it on a box that has a Cyrix 133, 300mb of ram, Lynksys NIC, and Seagate 2
gig hard drive.  I also installed X windows I wanted to see what it looked
like in comparison to windows.  Right now I only have the default X window
up right now.  I am going to dig into the ports and find something more
suitable for my tastes.  Anyways enough of the small talk lets get down to
what I am writing for.  I am looking for books or any other papers on unix
commands and any other tips for free BSD.  I am planning on get a new box
and installing free bsd on it.  Can I network my Windows machines through
free BSD? One more question before I go is am I better of running X windows
or just running from a shell or prompt (I am not sure of the terminology)?
When I installed I used the auto configuration for the formatting of the
hard drives.  In which situations do I need to do this manually?

Thank you for time and patience,
Shane P. Hagan