Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2001 02:05:21 +0100
From:      "Robin Breathe" <freebsd@lineone.net>
To:        <freebsd-smp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Problems with a Dual Ahtlon 1,2 GHz

Hi,

Have you checked the cooling on those chips?  I got some funky problems,
like yours, when my fans were improperly mounted.  Double check that
both CPUs are ok (I blew one of mine).  If one of the processors is
knackered, or improperly cooled, that would explain your getting errors
along those lines.  Also update to the 2.07a bios if you can.  It adds
some level of protection against overheating, amongst other things.

Robin.