Date:      Sun, 06 Jan 2002 17:13:26 +0100 (CET)
From:      webdude@phreaker.net
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BIOS cross upgrade

Sure I can download and try to upgrade, but I decided to ask this question
on freebsd-mobile first, so that people with more experience than myself could
possibly warn me of problems arising out of such a procedure. I really would
hate to turn my laptop useless and in afterwards nag myself for not asking for
advice first.

That being said, if the upgrade program allows saving of the old BIOS
content, I rest a little easier. And of course I'll let you know...

On 06-Jan-2002 Michael Smith wrote:

> Well, if the upgrade is available, why don't you try it and tell us
> whether it works?
>
>> I forgot to mention that the APM BIOS I was talking about
>> is available for the particular model I have. Of course I
>> wouldn't try to use any old APM BIOS for other models.
>> But it still isn't possible ?

>> > No.

best regards,

Inge Eidsæther Syvertsen
webdude@phreaker.net

*** If an electronic circuit cannot fail, it will. (Murphys Law) ***

(XFMail 1.5.1 on XFree86 4.1.0 running FreeBSD 4.4STABLE)