Date:      Mon, 29 Oct 2001 16:55:00 +0100
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        Philippe CASIDY <pcasidy@casidy.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sound and keyboard question about xmame

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 04:41:46PM +0100, Philippe CASIDY wrote:
> First problem: I have no sound
>
> whereas xmame displays these messages, no sounds are played:
>
> SDL: Info: Video mode set as 1024 x 768, depth 32
> Using 16bpp video mode
> Game uses 1024 colors
> SDL: sysdep_display_alloc_palette(1026);
> info: setting fragsize to 512, numfrags to 5
> info: fragsize = 512, numfrags = 5
> info: audiodevice /dev/dsp set to 16bit linear mono 22050Hz
> info: sysdep_dsp: using oss plugin
> info: sysdep_mixer: using oss plugin

Can you play sound using other programs, for instance using xmms?
Are you by any chance running a desktop environment, like KDE or GNOME?

> Second problem: keyboard problems
>
> I had to change the settings for the numeric keys; i.e.: depressing <5>
> did not add coins, and <1> does not start the game. I set <C> for player
> 1's coin and <S> for player 1 start.

That's strange. Do you have a keymap installed using e.g. xmodmap?

--Stijn

--
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."