Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2001 15:08:01 -0400
From:      Greg Pavelcak <gpav@som.umass.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   OT: Fix for System Timer not Counting Properly

I have an Abit BP6 Mobo with a single Celeron 366 MHz processor. When
I turn it on, it beeps 4 times. According to and FAQ link at the Abit
website, that means System timer is not counting properly.

I'm convinced from the sounds and the disk activity that it continues
to boot, but nothing shows on the monitor. Nor will carefully typing
my login and "sudo reboot" or CTRL-ALT-DEL produce any results.

Sorry for the non-FreeBSD question, but I'm wondering if someone has
the likely cause and possible fix.

Thanks.

Greg