Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 2001 09:38:35 +0700 (ICT)
From:      pirat <pirat@access.inet.co.th>
To:        FreeBSD questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        xuchen66@yahoo.com
Subject:   Re: make world

hi sirs,

thanks for your replying. i took a very long time in looking at setting
flags for cc for disabling external cache before i know that this is done
at the bios level.

i now restart the machine, disable external cache for bios, and start
cvsup once again on yesterday.

and finally, start make world once more time on yesterday evening.
i got another result instead. below is a brief summary from script
program. it shows stages of making world and the last file that cause an
error.

>>> elf make world started on Fri Feb  9 19:28:52 ICT 2001
>>> Rebuilding the temporary build tree
>>> stage 1: bootstrap tools
>>> stage 2: cleaning up the object tree
>>> stage 2: rebuilding the object tree
>>> stage 2: build tools
>>> stage 3: cross tools
>>> stage 4: populating /usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/include
>>> stage 4: building libraries
>>> stage 4: make dependencies
>>> stage 4: building everything..

.
.
.
===> gnu/usr.bin/binutils/gdb
.
.
.
/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils/gdb/../../../../contrib/gdb/gdb/eval.c: In
function `evaluate_subexp_for_sizeof':
/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils/gdb/../../../../contrib/gdb/gdb/eval.c:1949:
internal error--unrecognizable insn:
(insn 128 122 130 ((null)) -1 (nil)
    (expr_list:REG_EQUAL (mult:SI (reg:SI 43)
            (const_int 12 [0xc]))
        (nil)))
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils/gdb.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
parwati# exit
exit

Script done on Sat Feb 10 09:04:42 2001

anyone please give me some more hints to overcome this kind of error.

thanks in advance.

with best regards,
pirat sriyotha