Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 12:11:47 +0100
From:      Fergus Cameron <cameron@argus-systems.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WINE

> Does anyone use this emulator?

yup, not extensivley - more curiosity.

>                                 How capable is it?

in my experience not very i'm afraid - most of the business applications i've tried crash at some point.

>                                                      Will I need a powerful
> processor to get somewhat acceptable performance (less than a second lag
> time)?

it's quick, that's for sure.  for the small applications (no dependancies outside the core win API) that i've tried it's faster than my native windows.

better to get info from wine hq directly they have an application database there& other good resources.

--
Fergus Cameron
Technical Support Engineer