Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 1996 10:01:15 -0300 (GRNLNDST)
From:      ormonde@trem.cnt.org.br (Rodrigo Ormonde)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Zombie processes

  Hi.

  I'm writing a server process that opens a socket for listen and every time
a new connection arrives the process is forked and the child deals with the
client.
  Everything is working fine, except for the fact that when the child
processes exit they become zombies. Every time a new connection is established
and finished there is a new zombie process. I can't execute a wait() on the
parent process because it has to listen to new connections and can't be blocked
on the wait() call.
  Is there any way to remove the zombie process from the system without
blocking the parent process ?

  Please send answers directly to me, I'm not on the list.

  Thanks in advance.

--
Rodrigo de La Rocque Ormonde
e-mail: ormonde@cnt.org.br