Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 2003 21:10:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        Brian Henning <b1henning@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: kde3 install

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Brian Henning wrote:
> Subject: kde3 install
>
> Can someone explain to me what Qt is for here and why it has to be threaded?
> thanks,
>
> Brian
>
> checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.1 (20021021)) (library qt-mt)
> not found. Please check your installation!
> For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
> Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
>       Please report the problem to kde@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach
>       the "/usr/ports/games/kdegames3/work/kdegames-3.1/config.log" including
>       the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a
>       good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your
>       system (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
> *** Error code 1

Qt is the C++ toolkit (www.trolltech.com) which KDE and it's aps are
written with. Threading support in the libraries is required to build KDE.
I'm not sure why, but it is explicitly required by the source build
instructions on kde.org

HTH - JB

PS: I had problems building kdegames from CVS on a linux box too.

#  John Bleichert
#  http://vonbek.dhs.org/latest.jpg