Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:27:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "H. Wade Minter" <minter@lunenburg.org>
To:        guilherme komel <guilherme@supero.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tomcat + Apache + JDK

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, guilherme komel wrote:

> many thanx for taking the time. I am installing a Tomcat 4 + Apache 1.3 + JDK .
>
> I have not being able to find accurate updated information on
> freebsd.org/java page and I wonder what version of the JDK I am able to run
> natively (not using Linux compat) on the FreeBSD 4.6 ... .

I had a developer request Tomcat 4 and JDK 1.4 for a project he was
working on, and from the research I did, it's not possible to get that
combination running yet on FreeBSD.

If anyone finds out any different, I'd be glad to hear about it.  We're
having to move that particular part of the website to a Linux box.  :-/

--Wade

--
'I say to you that the VCR is to the American film producer and the American
public as the Boston strangler is to the woman home alone.'

'It's getting clear -- alarmingly clear, I might add -- that we are in the
midst of the possibility of Armageddon.'
      Jack Valenti on the Internet, 2002

http://www.digitalconsumer.org/
http://digitalspeech.org/