Date:      Sat, 4 Jan 1997 11:43:34 +0100
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu (Charles Henrich)
Subject:   Re: MMAP Troubles (Joerg?)

As Charles Henrich wrote:

> I have an oppourtunity for the MMAP person (Appears to be Joerg by
> the .c, but cant tell for sure :)

Certainly not me, rather John Dyson.  But doesn't matter.

> Anyway, I have a big beefy pentium pro system here for use as news
> that im going to roll out in a few weeks.  INN w/ MMAP causes the
> NULL trashed active file, interested in working on the problem with
> a system at your beck and call?

IIRC, the last word on INN w/ mmap() was that INN uses mmap() against
the specs in that it tries to shorten (or extend) the file while it's
being mmap()'ed.  This only incidentally works on SysV's.

All this is hearsay, so maybe John or somebody else will tell you more
exactly.

--
cheers, J"org