Date:      Sat, 22 Jul 2000 18:50:43 +0900 (JST)
From:      =?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCOGVGI0JnQ08bKEI=?= <daichi@ongs.net>
Subject:   Re: Sun Linux JDK 1.3.0b9 runz on FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE !

> Hi folkz,
>
> I have the Sun JDK 1.3.0 for Linux, beta 9 running on my FreeBSD
> 4.0-STABLE system. Runs pretty nicely too.

I tried to use it, too.
  FreeBSD 4.0-release, linux_base-6.1

And it works fine with classic option. When using HotSpot, some application runs but
it will get freeze.
JFC/Swing application runs very fast. I was very suprized. It's great. Of cource,
SwingSet2 runs very good with classic option.
  %java -classic -jar SwingSet2.jar

But some problems there is. I installed /usr/ports/japanese/linux_locale and
setenv LANG ja_JP.EUC. The JFC/Swing application will get freeze too.
Perphaps this problem depends on Linux locale problem. umm.

In English mode only, the JDK13 works very file with classic option.

Daichi T.GOTO(ONGS)
    http://www.ongs.net/daichi, daichi@ongs.net