Date:      31 Jul 1998 08:25:27 -0400
From:      Cory Kempf <ckempf@enigami.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dev links won't open.  Why?

"Greg" == Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com> writes:
> On Friday, 31 July 1998 at 1:12:18 -0400, Cory Kempf wrote:
>>  As root, create a link to a /dev/pass device, e.g.
>>
>> ln -s /dev/pass3 /dev/scanner
>>
>> Again as root, attempt to open /dev/scanner via cam_open_device.
>>
>> It fails.

> How?  What error?

Errno is 0
the return from cam_open_device is NULL

Not very useful.

>> Why?  Assuming it is a bug in cam_open_device, can we get it fixed?

> Well, it doesn't solve whatever the problem might be, but why not
> use a hard link?

'cause it fails the same way?

+C

--
Thinking of purchasing RAM from the Chip Merchant?
Please read this first: <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/chipmerchant.html>;

Cory Kempf                Macintosh / Unix Consulting & Software Development
ckempf@enigami.com        <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/>;