Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:05:40 +0100
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, Glen Gross <ggross@symark.com>
Cc:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: 3.x -> 4.0-STABLE upgrade instructions

At 12:50 PM -0700 2000/3/15, Warner Losh wrote:

>  Too complicated to be worth the hassle?  The few simple steps in
>  UPDATING have been followed by me on several systems and work...

	What might work fine for -CURRENT users may be too complex for
people used to much more polished procedures in -STABLE.

	Unfortunately, there are *way* too many people who are ready to
jump on the .0 release, and there's not likely to be too much you can
do to protect them from blowing off their foot in this fashion.