Date:      Thu, 27 Nov 2003 12:23:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        Anthony Schneider <anthony@x-anthony.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd smp -> linux up

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Anthony Schneider wrote:

> sadly, all ktrace shows is ktrace launching vmware (from 'ktrace
> vmware', shows sh reading and executing, and then ends with the vmware
> fork).=20
>=20
> is there a special way to ktrace linux binaries that i'm not aware of?=20

ktrace should work fine, but you need to make sure you use the linux_kdump
port so that the system call trace is interpreted correctly when converted
to text.  As DES points out, make sure you have the right flags to the
ktrace command so tracing is inheritted across fork and exec.

robert@fledge.watson.org      Network Associates Laboratories