Date:      Fri, 20 Jul 2001 07:16:58 -0500 (CDT)
From:      James Westbrooks <james@indigo.external.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Box as an Access Point

I'm trying to set up a laptop as an Access Point.  I've got
an Orinoco Gold wireless card for receiving and a LinkSys Etherfast for
the connect point to the wired network.  I want to be able to have several
other wireless devices reside on the same network as my wired devices.

I've met w/ limited success.  Wired machines could contact the AP (ping) and
the wireless machines could contact the AP (ping as well) but couldn't
ping each other.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

'me