Date:      Wed, 2 Jun 2004 00:21:06 -0400
From:      Christopher Nehren <apeiron@comcast.net>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports List <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Perl voodoo in ports/UPDATING

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 21:16:16 EDT, Jeremy Messenger scribbled these
curious markings:
> Before the perl was added in UPDATING, I did the 'portupgrade -f p5-\*' =
=20
> and it seems work fine. No problem to run GNOME, portlint, tinderbox, per=
l =20
> gtk2 and etc so far. Maybe, there is some apps that need to be rebuild =
=20
> that I don't have them installed.

At least on my installation, that (further) breaks the autotools, as
they have version-specific Perl shebang lines. And if you're using
something like Razor2, which is XS, but which does *not* have 'p5' in
its name, you may run into problems.

--=20
pejorative meaning "stupid and unsophisticated".  -- Ken Thompson
-
-
Please CC me in all replies, even if I'm on the relevant list(s).

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp--