Date:      Thu, 06 May 1999 14:52:41 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Andrew Perry <andrew@python.shoal.net.au>
Cc:        David Schwartz <davids@webmaster.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: copying 3.1

> Blank cd's are a lot cheaper. I was only looking at a way to share the
> cost with another person but I think that someone else has answered my
> question for me and Walnut Creek may have actually copyrighted their cd's,
> which would prevent straight cdrom copying.

Well, let me just jump in here and also say that Walnut Creek CDROM
doesn't have a problem with people making the occasional copies for
friends.  Technically it's a violation, but in reality nobody's going
to come after you for something like this.  Do a little local
evangelism and we've even been known to send you a pack of
freebies. :)

- Jordan