Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 1995 12:21:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Michael C. Newell" <mnewell@lupine.nsi.nasa.gov>
To:        Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, jkh@freebsd.org, witr@rwwa.com
Subject:   Re: 2.0.5 ed driver problems continued

On Tue, 20 Jun 1995, Mark Tinguely wrote:

> thanks for the idea, but yes, the jumper is set for "soft". Something in
> boot process re-programed the card. Then again the Ultra-Plus seems
> have two programing modes, a temporary and long term configuration. I say this
> because if you use the DOS "ezsetup" software and configure the card the
> settings are permanent and if you change the settings via the "diagnose"
> program, the settings are not permanent but last for until rebooted. Maybe
> something got placed in the nonpermanent confirguration section of the card.

I've rebooted 2.0.5-R a couple of times now, including power cycles and
pressing the BRB; so far it hasn't reprogrammed the card.  I've got a
WD8013 16-bit card set for 280/10/D0000 set via ezsetup.

Perhaps you're right; ezsetup may set things differently.  I got a copy
of the latest ezsetup from ftp.smc.com (I think the version is 1.08 or
something like that.)

Thanks,

Mike

|Mike Newell                           | The opinions expressed herein are  |
|NASA Science Internet Network Systems | my own, and do not necessarily     |
|Sterling Software, Inc.               | reflect those of the NSI program,  |
|MNewell@nsipo.nasa.gov                | Sterling Software, NASA, or anyone |
|+1-202-434-8954                       | else.                              |
|                   work: http://www-dc.nsi.nasa.gov/~mnewell               |
|                    home: http://www.newell.arlington.va.us                |