Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 2008 07:55:46 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Drew Tomlinson <drew@mykitchentable.net>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trouble With Linux Compatibility

Quoting Drew Tomlinson <drew@mykitchentable.net> (from Tue, 11 Nov =20
2008 19:22:13 -0800):

> Boris Samorodov wrote:

>> BTW, what about creating patches/followups/etc to those guides you
>> have seen?
>>

> One of the guides was from O'Reilly's onlamp.com.  The other was =20
> linux.com.  With the exception of posting a comment below the =20
> article, I do not find it possible to update those guides.  However =20
> I could write an additional section for the Handbook and send it to =20
> freebsd-doc@ and see if someone would add it.  Would that be a good =20
> place?  It's where I started looking.

It would be great to have something in the porters handbook. It's on =20
the TODO list (in the part where you never get to...) since we changed =20
the linux rpm handling. If you go this way, feel free to ask for =20
review and/or stuff you are not sure about here on emulation.

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
Eat one live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse
will happen to you the rest of the day.

[Well, actually, to either of you...  Ed.]

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137