Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 1995 23:05:09 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        John Capo <jc@irbs.com>
Cc:        gibbs@freefall.FreeBSD.org (Justin T. Gibbs), ache@freefall.FreeBSD.org, CVS-commiters@freefall.FreeBSD.org, cvs-sbin@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sbin Makefile

> MAKE_EBONES or somesuch should control builds with eBones.  Builds
> with DES should be controlled by something else.

This is on its way. A new DES library will be placed in secure, and
this library will be used by eBones.

> Being able to build with eBones but turn it off at run time would
> be nice.  A system built with eBones expects it to be used.  passwd
> defaults to changing the kerberos password for instance.

Hmm.. this can be done - there are options to the apps that (I suppose)
could be made dependant on am environment variable. Too much work. Too
little time. :-(

> I think we need some more knobs.

I agree, but with great reservation. I would HATE to see too many
user configurable hacks in the global system makefiles. I would rather
the apps handle this sort of thing intelligently.

Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
+27 21 61-3768 GMT+0200
Finger mark@grumble.grondar.za for PGP key