Date:      Tue, 26 Jul 2011 08:01:56 -0700
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        =?utf-8?Q?Yavuz_Ma=C5=9Flak?= <yavuz.maslak@netiletisim.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to deny getting static ip address via pf ?

On Jul 26, 2011, at 3:44 AM, Yavuz Ma=C5=9Flak wrote:
> I use pf on freebsd as packet filter.
>=20
> I have a wireless area. The users get to the internet using automatic =
ip
> from the dhcp server.=20
> I wish to deny to assign a static ip address by manual.=20

You can't prevent someone from doing manual configuration.

If you were connecting via a smart switch, you can configure MAC address =
filtering on each of the switch ports and then use DHCPd to only assign =
each MAC to the right range or static IP, and then use an IP-based =
firewall to control traffic from there.  If a user tried to spoof some =
other MAC, the switch would block such traffic.

However, with wireless, nothing prevents the users from spoofing other =
MACs.

Regards,
--=20
-Chuck