Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 22:27:13 -0400
From:      "Isaac Waldron" <iwaldron@wpi.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   dc0 and SMP

I'm using FreeBSD 4.3-BETA as of March 18 to run a dual PPro system that I
have...  the problem is that my netgear fa310tx using the dc driver is no
longer working...  I've attached the relevant info from the dmesg and
mptable outputs.  The error I'm getting is "dc0: failed to force tx and rx
to idle state."  One thing I noticed is that the card is being configured to
irq 2, but the mptable makes no reference to that irq at all, and in fact is
using the 2 pin for something else apparently.  Does this make any sense?
Is there any way to force the dc driver to assign another interrupt to the
card so that there's no conflict?  Also, please reply to this e-mail address
directly, as I am not subscribed to the mailing list.

Thank you,
Isaac Waldron