Date:      Fri, 6 Sep 2002 22:27:11 -0400
From:      "douglasv" <douglasv@verizon.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   apache-modssl

Thank you in advance

I have FreeBSD-4.6.2 with apache-modssl --it works fine
on itself.. These programs were installed from the ports collection via ftp

My win2000 computer can get http but not https request
     (the https request complains-" this page cannot be displayed")

The install program provided a ssl virtual host container to which I added
IP,hostname, etc

The custom certificate common name matches the webservers name

[virtual host ref:]
    NameVirtualHost 192.168.123.8:443
<VirtualHost 192.168.123.8:443>
DocumentRoot "/usr/local/www/data"   (I also tried data-dist )
ServerName tim.sqlserver.local (I also tried 192.168.123.8:443 )
etc ...

The hosts file on both computors contain each computers IP and names
The webserver DNS is localho

Thank you,
Douglas