Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 08:06:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Rui Pedro Mendes Salgueiro: erase2 patch (was: 4.2-RELEASE ISO image for x86 updated.)

Tsk. Then y'all wouldn't love to have a PDP 11/45 running V6/PWB, now would
you then?

Jeez. All this beefing over defaults, and nobody has the little gray cells to
thank whatever deities they might believe in that it is possible to change
these defaults as part of their login process- a feature that is there so they
can do something clever like turn off that pesky echokill feature and change
their line kill character to SPACE (a favorite amongst us who were young once
and decided to stay that way- this was the default action we would do to
someone who wandered off and left themselves logged in to one of the Vt52s).

-matt