Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 2001 22:43:02 +0100
From:      Martin Welk <mw@theatre.sax.de>
To:        Matthieu Pasini <mpasini@club-internet.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Software for start a "ifconfig isp0 up" on the server

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 11:44:54AM +0000, Matthieu Pasini wrote:

> I would like to let all my family to be able connect to the Internet with my server running FreeBSD and I4B( it's running well).
> Well, all the family is using computers under Win98 and i don't want to leave the "auto-connection" on on my server ...

I have solved this by a simple shell script that offers that and some other
functionality within a nice menu environment using the "display" command.
My girlfriend just logs in using TeraTerm SSH (login via key authentication
from her Windoze box - with a key, that is located in her home directory on
the FreeBSD box and accessed via Samba :-) ), gets that script started by
default and she's very happy with it.

Oh yes, and I run "ifconfig" as root using the sudo command, but if you
don't have that using a copy of it with setuid root permission will do it
fine, too, I think.

Regards,
	Martin
--
      ,,Oh, there's a lot of opportunities, if you're knowing to take them,
                  you know, there's a lot of opportunities, if there aren't