Date:      Fri, 12 Oct 2001 16:50:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        Andy Lam <ipo@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DVD Support

The ata driver supports DVD drives, to watch dvd's on FreeBSD however
you'll have to compile vlc or ogle (2 programs for playing dvd's). If
you're a newbie to FreeBSD, getting them to compile and have good
performance can be a bit hard... but it's possible. Let me know when you
get to that point and I can help you (or just send another message to
freebsd-questions)

Ken