Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 1998 21:57:44 -0700
From:      Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>
Subject:   He's baaaaaack...

Hi all,

I'm back from a 2-week ban on posting to these mailing lists (and quite a
bit chastened as well).  I'd like to openly apologize for my immature
behavior here (no, I wasn't asked to say this).  Instead of going on and on
about receiving Emails from a certain person, I could have simply set my
Email filters and been done with it.  I apologize for dragging this list
off topic, and for causing a general atmosphere of hate and discontent.  I
give you all my word that it won't happen again.

Now, on to FreeBSD... I'm DYING for the 3.0 release to come out!  Anyone
have any  word on when a possible release date might be for FreeBSD
3.0-release version?  I have this craving to wipe 2.2.6 and install the
3.0-SNAP release that I keep resisting, and don't know how much longer I'll
be able to hold off :-)... if anyone here has read the changes they've made
to the kernel, it looks like it's going to really be significantly faster
than 2.2.6.. and it will finally have support for VFAT and FAT32, which
means all long filenames on a mounted Win95 partition will be visible to
the OS.  At last...  This will make installing packages much easier for me,
since I'm using a downloaded version of FreeBSD, not a CD-ROM.

I also installed FreeBSD recently, along with X-Windows and some packages,
on a 200 meg hard drive (my workshop PC).  Amazing what you can do when you
really want to (and have heard a few suggestions on how to do it).  I only
have about 30% of the disk space left to add anything else, but it's a
usable system with an accelerated X-server on board.

Tim

--
My web site starts at http://www.serv.net/~fewtch/index.html -
lots of goodies for everyone, have a look if you have the time.