Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2001 00:27:16 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Riccardo Torrini <riccardo@torrini.org>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Boot messages

I'm trying to understand why this happens at boot and if is
my fault (maybe), strange hardware or undocumented feature :)
  isa0: unexpected small tag 14

  unknown: <PNP0303> can't assign resources

  pca1: <AT-style speaker sound> at port 0x61 on isa0
  WARNING: Driver mistake: repeat make_dev("pcaudio")
  WARNING: Driver mistake: repeat make_dev("pcaudioctl")

  unknown: <PNP0f13> can't assign resources
  unknown: <PNP0501> can't assign resources
  unknown: <PNP0700> can't assign resources

What kind of hardware is inside my case?

I have only an AWE64 and an Intel Pro/10 (both isa devices)
and I am using devfs so how can I make_dev() something?
And also why soft links into /dev get lost after reboot?
How can I make them persistent?  Must do every boot?

Any help appreciated.  Thanks.
Riccardo.