Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 2002 19:09:53 +0200
From:      Danny Cautaert <danny-dated-1035997796.868e74@limehouse.org>
To:        Fernando Gleiser <fgleiser@cactus.fi.uba.ar>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: spamassassin+cyrus+user_prefs?

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 02:11:27PM -0300, Fernando Gleiser wrote:
> in our mail server we are runing sendmail and cyrus IMAP. It works fine
> without a problem.
>=20
> 1. Is there a way to make spamass-milter+cyrus work with user_prefs?
> 2. failing that, is there a way to make spamassassin work with cyrus in
>    such a way that the users can set thir personal prefs and whitelists?

If you're running cyrus-imapd, you are probably also running timsieved?
If not, it's a good idea. It allows your users to upload sievescripts to
do some serverside filtering. There is also a patch to timsieved which
allows to integrate spamassassin filtering into sieve:

http://bugzilla.andrew.cmu.edu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/cyrus/contrib/sieve-s=
pamasssassin?rev=3D1.1.2.1&content-type=3Dtext/x-cvsweb-markup

HTH,
DaCa, LIVR.

--=20
Danny Cautaert * Zopista & Pythoneer