Date:      Sat, 22 Mar 2003 19:41:31 +0000
From:      Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk>
To:        Michael <soppscum@online.no>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BT878(Prolink PV-BT878P+4E)

On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 02:51:04PM +0100, Michael wrote:
> Has anyone had any success with this TV-Tuner BT878(Prolink PV-BT878P+4E)?
> Any thoughts on if any generic drivers could work?

The bttv driver, bktr, hasn't had any major updates for over 2 years
now, and so doesn't support the newer cards or tuners.   Even Linux
struggles to use my Pinnacle PCTV Pro card (bt878, tda9887)  with the newest
drivers.   I've seen quite a few posts about TV cards recently, maybe we need a
project to either port bttv/v4l2 from Linux, or start a new project to properly
support tv cards in FreeBSD?

Bruce Cran