Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2000 00:53:28 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@freebsd.org>
To:        jason <jason@welsh.dynip.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: printing text with deskjet 842

-questions added to Cc:

You should leave -questions in the Cc: because there is no guarantee
that I can solve your problem and others following the thread may be
able to, but not if they don't see the thread.

On Sat, Aug 26, 2000 at 05:07:09PM -0400, jason wrote:
> well, I saw that example and tried it and it didnt work. I tried it
> again..
> Heres exactly what I have in that file
>
> #!/bin/sh
>     #
>     #  ifhp - Print Ghostscript-simulated PostScript on a DeskJet 500
>     #  Installed in /usr/local/libexec/hpif
>
>     #
>     #  Treat LF as CR+LF:
>     #
> printf "\033&k2G" && cat && printf "\033&l0H" && exit 0
>
> any other suggestsions? should it really be that simple?
> do you have an hp printer that this is working with?

Yes, an HP 610C. I d/l a PCL command list from HP's website,
http://www.hp.com, which confirms these ESC sequences as the correct
ones, for my printer at least. Perhaps you should check your printer
out there, although I doubt that such basic functionality will differ
between different models.

Did you try my filter file on your system?

My /etc/printcap entry is:

hpdj|deskjet|Hewlett Packard DeskJet 610C:\
	:lp=/dev/lpt0:sh:sd=/var/spool/lpd/:mx#0:\
	:if=/usr/local/libexec/hpif:

> thanks for your time and suggestions.
>
> regards,
> Jason
>

> --
> |  Jason Welsh   jason@welsh.dynip.com   |   If you think there's     |
> |                                        |   good in everybody, you   |
> |      http://welsh.dynip.com/           |   haven't met everybody.   |

		4.4 - The number of the Beastie