Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 2004 23:35:00 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Jim Pazarena <freebsd@ccstores.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DHCP access

Jim Pazarena wrote:

>I have a wireless home network with an 802.11B router which assigns
>IPs via DHCP.
>
>what method is appropriate to access one fbsd box from another when
>I don't actually know the IP which has been assigned to any given
>box.
>
>May sound rookie, but presently I go to each box and determine it's
>IP directly and then I "know" the IP (at least for this session).
>
>There has gotta be a better way.
>
>suggestions please.
>--
>Jim Pazarena        mailto:paz@qcislands.net
>                    http://www.qcislands.net/paz

#whereis nmap
nmap: /usr/ports/security/nmap

#man nmap
NMAP(1)
NMAP(1)

NAME
       nmap - Network exploration tool and security scanner

SYNOPSIS
       nmap [Scan Type(s)] [Options] <host or net #1 ... [#N]>

DESCRIPTION
       Nmap is designed to allow system administrators and curious
individuals
       to scan large networks to determine which hosts are up  and
what  ser-
       vices  they  are  offering.

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey