Date:      Sun, 6 Feb 2005 12:33:03 +0000
From:      Ceri Davies <ceri@submonkey.net>
To:        Simonas Kareiva <simonas.kareiva@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XHTML validation

--oGy11dVowAZA6eXT

On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 02:21:19PM +0200, Simonas Kareiva wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> First of all, I'm not sure if the FreeBSD handbook is meant to be pure
> (valid) XHTML or not. But according to W3C, there is a minor (strange)
> error in the handbook index page, which prevents it from being valid
> XHTML:
>=20
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.freebsd.org%2Fdoc%2F=
en_US.ISO8859-1%2Fbooks%2Fhandbook%2Findex.html&charset=3D%28detect+automat=
ically%29&doctype=3DInline&verbose=3D1

It would be nice to have them validate, yes.  Unfortunately, the
toolchain insists on uppercasing attribute values, even though they are
not valid in the target DocType.  I haven't found a way to prevent this
yet.

Ceri
--=20
not sure about the former.			  -- Einstein (attrib.)

--oGy11dVowAZA6eXT

--oGy11dVowAZA6eXT--