Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 2002 08:42:50 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ucom + usb + palm = insanity

Larry Rosenman wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 08:31, Eric Anderson wrote:
>
>>FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE is nice..  I'm so close, yet so far.
>>
>>Has anyone messed with the ucom stuff yet?  Does anyone know the correct
>>way to use it?  I thought I'd just slap some stuff in my kernel:
>>
>>device          uplcom
>>device          uvscom
>>device          uvisor
>>device          ucom0 at ugen? port ?
>
> remove the at ugen? port ?
> and then add the Palm to usbd.conf.

Ok, rebuilding kernel now.

What am I supposed to add to the usbd.conf?  Do you have an example?

> We still have issues with pilot-link, but David Desrossier(sp?) is
> working on them.  David has a USB motherboard/Processor I supplied to
> work on these issues.
>
> I'm assuming here you have a M5xx Palm.

Actually, no, I have a Sony Clie..  But as far as any other tool is
concerned, they see it as a "Palm".

Does he need more USB mobo's and procs?  Does he need help testing?  I'm
willing to do my fair share.

Thanks for the hints!
Eric