Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 1999 14:08:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        Gerald Abshez <gerald@manhattanprojects.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD security auditing project.

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Gerald Abshez wrote:

> Here is my 0.02:
>
> I think it would be useful to identify "unsafe" functions, so that
> anyone can participate in the "eyeball" portion of the game. This means
> that we need eyeballed, identified as a (potential) problem and fixed,
> as well as some other possiblities. There is a lot of code out there,
> and it would help if we could involve the non-programmers in the search.
>
> Comments?

Yep, this is part of the "education" component: "this is what an unsafe
function call looks like, and this is how to fix it". There's bound to be
enough useful documentation out there which we can collect and point to.

Kris

----
Cthulhu for President! For when you're tired of choosing the _lesser_ of
two evils..