Date:      Mon, 13 Dec 1999 05:31:17 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        Karl Denninger <karl@Denninger.Net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, marcel@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Reminder - changes to sources and such

Karl Denninger wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Just something to keep in mind....
>
> I am trying to update from a Juneish -CURRENT to a current -CURRENT.
>
> I've run into two instances (the latest being the use of "colldef" in
> /usr/src/share/colldef) where older binaries are INCOMPATIBLE with the newer
> files they are processing, AND the "make buildworld" target uses the OLD
> binary in an attempt to read the NEW file.
>
> This blows up, obviously.

This would appear to be another thing Marcel has broken..

colldef used to have special treatment, but it no longer has.

peter@overcee[5:29am]~src-124> cvs up -p -r1.89 Makefile.inc1 | grep colldef
                usr.bin/colldef         \
peter@overcee[5:29am]~src-125> grep colldef Makefile.inc1
peter@overcee[5:29am]~src-126>