Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2000 09:54:38 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Gary W Olson <polsong@frontiernet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Making boot floppies (was: BSD Powerpak 4.0)

On Saturday, 26 August 2000 at 12:27:15 -0500, Gary W Olson wrote:
> Why aren't the boot floppies included in the package like Linux
> distributions have?

I haven't seen any Linux distributions with floppies.  I'm sure they
exist, but the ones I've received all come only with CDs.  Nowadays
most computers can boot directly from the CD-ROM, and that's so much
easier than using obsolete technology like floppies.

> Quite frankly, creating the floppies have been such an unsuccessful
> problem that I am considering abandoning BSD.

Quite frankly, if that's such a problem, you should abandon BSD.  It
won't be the last problem of that magnitude that you'll experience.

Greg