Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 2002 19:40:24 +0200
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        hilbert@yandex.ru
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: EXTENDET

demon wrote:

> Can I Install FreeBSD 4.4 To EXTENDET Partition?

Yes.

> Something like this:
>
>     ==============================================================================================
>     |               ||            EXTENDET             ||               |        |               |
>     |Primary (FAT32)||---------------------------------||Primary (FAT32)|Primary |Primary (FAT32)|
>     |               ||FreeBSD |Linux (ext2 or reiserfs)||               | (FAT32)|               |
>     ==============================================================================================

AFAIK there're only 4 entries for partitions in partion table on
standard PC's, right? So the table above will not work. If you
really want to know sth. 'bout partition tables, search for Ralph
Browns Interrupt List - that archive contains many additional
information 'bout hardware and structures ...

>     Where FreeBSD and Linux Native&Linux Swap is the logical partitions inside EXTENDET partition?

Can you specify your question - better after reading a document how the
partition's are managed and addressed. And remember: BSD uses several slices
within 1 (in words: one) partition.

Greeting,
Jens
--
L     i  W     W     W  i                 Jens Rehsack
L        W     W     W