Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2001 18:11:44 -0400
From:      Matthew Graybosch <matthew@starbreaker.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD Hardware Question

Hi.

I'm interested in switching from Slackware Linux 8 to FreeBSD=20
4.3, but I have some hardware I'm not sure FreeBSD supports.=20

Before I switch, I'd like to know if FreeBSD supports either=20
the Creative Ensoniq (es1371) or SB Live! (emu10k1) sound=20
cards.=20

I also have a US Robotics PCI modem, model 5610. It has its own=20
controller, and I've used it under Linux for almost 2 years.=20
Can I use it in FreeBSD?=20

Finally, my videocard uses an nVidia GeForce II MX chipset. I=20
can use the "nv" driver in XFree86 4.1.0 under FreeBSD, right?

If there's an exhaustive list of supported hardware that you=20
can refer me to, I'd appreciate it. Please reply to=20
matthew@starbreaker.net
--=20
Matthew Graybosch
http://www.starbreaker.net