Date:      Thu, 31 May 2001 14:40:02 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Rob Simmons <rsimmons@wlcg.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Limiting TCP RST Response Packets

On Thu, 31 May 2001, Rob Simmons wrote:

> Maybe that should be mentioned in LINT?
>
> Robert Simmons
> Systems Administrator
> http://www.wlcg.com/

Changing the comment to say that the *.blackhole sysctls should be used
instead, and only then very sparingly would be a good idea, yes.
RESTRICT_RST is gone from current, which is why nobody has thought about
changing the comment for it in LINT.

There is one case where such blackholing may be useful at this point in
time.  I think I have a better solution for it, but it'll be a while
before I have a patch ready.  (It's not a big deal, in any case.)

Mike "Silby" Silbersack