Date:      Sun, 28 Mar 1999 09:27:34 -0800
From:      Alan DuBoff <aland@SoftOrchestra.com>
To:        NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa <y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp>
Cc:        FreeBSD Mobile List <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Which LAN PCCARD for FreeBSD (no PAO!)

NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa wrote:

> 1. Many PAO people are Japanese, so we have language and
> communication problem.
>
> # Nate's this mail is very long, I need long time for reading the
> #mail. We are not native of English. It is hard. Japanese is very
> #different to western-europe languages.

Nakagawa,

I've been watching everyone blast bad comments back and forth and I've
personally become sick with it.

I commend you guys for being able to do this in English, I know it's not easy
for you. In fact, I was telling my wife how you guys do use your english to
communicate, and I think it is a very noble thing for you to do.

OTOH, few would understand if you were to use Japanese.

> 2. Nate, you are nagative to PAO, so we become passive for PAO
> integrate.

I have noticed this also, and I've not been able to determine what the exact
problem is. Maybe it is that many of the people have a difficult time
communicating with the Japan, where PAO is done, that I don't know, but I
notice the lack of willingness to work with the PAO authors, and I've been
staying out of it as I don't know all the politics.

It has turned me off from trying to help out with this effort recentely
though, I don't need to be in the middle of a war, and quite honestly I don't
have time to fight with people on issues like pccard or pao or both, or this
or that...

<much good stuff snipparoo'd>

One thing I must admit is that you PAO guys seem to know what you are talking
about, and you have given examples of where the PCCaard code is broken and/or
could never work.

Wether Nate or anyone else likes it, it appears that you guys have done your
homework.

And I respect you for that, as well as being able to debate the issues with
english which is not your native tongue, omedetou gozaimasu!

For me, my Japanese is poor in the sense that I don't have good grammar, and
for the Japanese it's similar, their english doesn't have good grammar a lot
of times, but you guys should be commmended for your efforts in trying to
communicate with some of the other people, I know it's difficult.

--

Alan DuBoff - Conductor
Software Orchestration, Inc.