Date:      Tue, 24 Dec 2002 06:31:59 -0800
From:      "Paul A. Scott" <pscott@skycoast.us>
To:        <phk@freebsd.org>, <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: revoke(2) redux...

> I think you missed the fine point in the "kick everybody *else*
> off" comment.

Ahhh. I guess you mean that revoke() would change to do that. You're right,
I did miss your point.

> The point is you cannot serialize against other processes.

But that's the point of serialization. Anyway, if init is the only process
opening a tty, serialization would be inherent. But, like I said earlier,
I'm no master of init code. I've just never heard of any problems springing
from this, so I offer a possible explanation of why it seems (to me) to
work.

--
Paul A. Scott
mailto:pscott@skycoast.us