Date:      Sun, 22 Jul 2001 20:04:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
To:        Mark Rowlands <mark.rowlands@minmail.net>
Cc:        matt <matt@bluemoon.27south.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Security Issues And Iso Images

On Sun, 22 Jul 2001, Mark Rowlands wrote:

> 9) cd /usr/src
>
> make buildworld && make buildkernel KERNCONF=YOURKERNEL \

I don't want to confuse the issue... but I have "an issue" 8-) . Aren't
you building your kernel against old libs? IMHO you want to do your
buildworld, then drop to single-user (you can't install a running binary),
do your installworld, then buildkernel, then installkernel, so that your
new kernel is built against the newly installed libraries.

Also, if you are running securelevel > 0, then you *must* reboot
and come up in single user to replace any chflagged binaries.